Tuesday 23 July 2013

Review: Barry M - Touch of Magic Lip Paint



Hi there lovely readers! So today I went on a bit of a spending spree in Superdrug (I'll be doing a collective haul post at the beginning of August no doubt!) and I decided to do a little review of the Barry M Touch of Magic Lip Paint which I've worn today for the first time!

I first came across this lipstick last year when my friend pulled it out of her handbag on a night out and everyone sort of looked at her like "um, excuse me, that's GREEN you're putting on!" But then of course you see it MAGICALLY turns to a gorgeous pink colour! O.M.G. 

Now I'm a sucker for anything like this. Mood rings, mugs that change colour depending on the liquid temperature etc. you name it, I love it! And it totally helps that my favourite colour is green. 

The Barry M Lip Paint itself is so moisturising even though it's not part of their Ultra Moisturising collection. It's a waterproof formula consisting of aloe vera which states that it lasts up to 8 hours, which for me is great as I found I didn't need to reapply whilst out and about. It's really more of a stain than a lipstick! 

And if you're anything like me and you want to know why on earth it magically goes from green to pink - apparently the lip paint reacts to the alkali level of your lips! Bit of a science lesson for you there, ladies ;) 





As you can see by the swatch on my hand, it appears at first in a light pink colour. However when applied to the lips it varies from a light pink to even a deep fuchsia colour. I really enjoy the fact that it will colour differently depending on each individual. It guarantees an individual look for each user!



I feel it's a really unique product and a complete bargain at just £4.49 on Barry M's website here or you can buy in store from Superdrug or Boots for the same price.

Please leave comments with which lip products you've been favouring as I'd love to check them out.

Much love and other things xo

No comments:

Post a Comment